Tuesday, November 25, 2008

dream big

I had to force myself to work today because I am so giddy about the idea of starting a magazine. So there are thousands of magazines started each year? So 90% of new magazines fail, usually right after the first issue? Still giddy. I made an agenda and a worksheet and I've been scanning through my magazine books and I'm about to burst.

Did you know that Atoosa Rubenstein became the founding editor of CosmoGirl at 26? New hero?

Atoosa's "five ways to be an editor-in-chief by age 26":

Step 1: Dream big.
Step 2: Get experience.
Step 3: Look for internships.
Step 4: When you get the assistant job, be an amazing assistant.
Step 5: Trust yourself.

1 Comment:

  1. cornnut32 said...
    i like step five. remember step five. no matter what. k?

Post a Comment